Host a Fundraiser
Get inspired and see how you or your group can fundraise for Optometry Cares!
Host a Fundraiser
Each year, individuals, AOSA member student groups or state affiliates lead successful and unique fundraisers for Optometry Cares. Fundraising is a simple and impactful way to support Optometry Cares and the work it does to empower the profession.
Your fundraiser proceeds can be directed to a specific Optometry Cares programs or go toward general Optometry Cares support.
To learn more about how you can fundraise and how Optometry Cares can support you during your fundraiser, reach out to email@example.com.
• Pie Your Professor
- A popular event for student members, several colleges of optometry programs have held this fun event on their campuses.
- Students recruited faculty, staff and student leadership to be “pied”
- A fee was charged for each pie thrown
• Gratitude Grams
- Another popular event for student members, where students, faculty and staff can send “gratitude grams” or thank you notes anyone they want to send their gratitude
- A fee was charged for each gram sent and delivered
• Program merchandise sales
- State affiliates and student groups have both utilized this option
- A piece of clothing can be designed and then sold to the group
- Great idea for incoming classes to note their graduation year or for affiliates to promote their state
• Individual events
- Successful events have included a fitness fundraiser, proceeds from a bake sale or lemonade stand
- Celebration fundraisers are also a fun alternative, where instead of asking for birthday gifts, encourage your friends and families to make a donation to Optometry Cares
How to plan a successful fundraiser
- Choose a fundraiser. If you’re a group, ensure everyone feels confident and understands their role in making it a successful event.
- Set a goal and budget. If you’re selling merchandise, ensure you charge enough to cover your expenses.
- Find a location. Is it easy to find? Are they charging a fee? Make sure they know you’re hosting a fundraiser, as some spaces might not allow.
- Consult with Optometry Cares about your event, the date and how you plan to fundraise. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll help review your event plan and ensure you’re on the right path!
- Create a timeline and assign tasks. Many hands lighten the load and it’s fun to involve everyone!
- Market your fundraiser. Create flyers, post on your social media, share with your state affiliate, AOSA or other relevant partners.
- Fundraise! Making giving easy, as your donors will be more inclined to support your fundraiser. Need ideas, ask email@example.com.
- Host a successful event! Take photos, account for all of your funds raised.
- Post event stewardship. Share your photos, thank your donors and contact Optometry Cares about sending in your proceeds.
Optometry’s Fund for Disaster Relief eases the burden of those impacted by catastrophes.
December 5, 2023 --With 170,000 Assessments since 2005, InfantSEE Begins to Build Priorities for 2024 to Further Expand Access to Care Alongside American Optometric Association
InfantSEE®, a program that provides no-cost, comprehensive eye and vision health assessments for infants, has helped prevent a lifetime of vision complications and put children on the path to improved quality of life after receiving a diagnosis from a participating InfantSEE optometrist.